Spaghetti with hot-smoked salmon, rocket & capers is easy to make, serves 4-6 people and takes about 35-45 minutes to prepare.
Kcal 524 Fat 22g Saturates 3g Carbs 66g Sugars 0g Fibre 3g Protein 20g Salt 1.83g
- 125ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 25g fresh white breadcrumb
- 500g spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tiny dried chilies crushed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp capers
- 85g rocket leaves
- 200g hot smoked salmon, flaked
- sliced tomatoes to serve
1. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a small frying pan until hot. Add the breadcrumbs and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until golden and crisp, turning often. Tip into a small bowl. (You can prepare these several hours ahead.)
2. Cook the pasta in plenty of gently boiling well-salted water until al dente. Meanwhile peel the garlic and chop it very finely. Put the rest of the oil in a small pan and add the garlic and chillies. Warm gently over a low heat so they flavour the oil – but don’t let the garlic fry.
3. Drain the pasta and tip it into a warmed very large serving bowl. Quickly add the lemon zest and capers to the oil, then pour over the pasta. Toss well, add the rocket and salmon and toss again – take care not to break up the salmon too much. Scatter the breadcrumbs over and serve with a salad of sliced tomatoes.