Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215)
Become a Personal Trainer
This course is an Australian Qualification that allows you to work for a fitness center as a personal trainer or establish your own personal training business in Australia. This course is delivered by WFA for Efitacademy a registered training organisation (RTO TOID 22030) in Australia. Certificates and Statement of Attainments will be issued by Efitacademy upon successfully completing the course.
To become a Personal Trainer:
1. To have already successfully completed certificate III in Fitness
2. Complete certificate IV in Fitness
3. Complete a Level II or equivalent First Aid course
4. Register with World Fitness Academy (WFA) and be recognized as a qualified Gym Instructor. You will need to present them with photocopies of the certificates you receive in 1 and 2 above.
Note - eFitAcademy will also be providing the Training Children Module within this Certificate.
What is covered?
- Working Collaborate with Medical and Allied Health Professional
- Address Client needs
- Support Healthy Eating through the Eat for Health Program
- Recognize the Dangers of providing Nutritional Advice to Clients
- Promote Functional Movement (Posture)
- Incorporate Sports Science in Fitness Programming
- Instruct Personal Training Programs
- Instruct Group Personal Training Programs
- Instruct Long Term Training Programs
- Instruct Endurance Training Programs
- Instruct Group Training Programs
- Instruct Exercise Programs For Body Composition Goals
- Develop Strength & Conditioning Programs
- Conduct Sustainable Work Practices in Open Space
- Instruct Exercise to Young People Aged 13-17 Years
- How to Create a PT Business
How will I be assessed?
After reading each units associated worknotes you will need to:
- Complete the relevant sections in the practical workbook (available to download online)
- Complete online multiple choice exam
- After completing all the Units you can either tape yourself taking a friend/client through or have an Efit Assessor, a Gym Manager / Personal Trainer or your client assess you on:
- Program Development / Instructing Training Program etc
- Send via post or email the completed practical workbook to WFA Australia